Ask any successful content marketing professional and they’ll tell you that the best content marketing resources are founded in an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and the desire to never stop learning. In fact, the same could be said for the most successful people in the world. A thirst for knowledge and the capacity to love the learning curve is an invaluable asset in any field. If you want to grow, get stronger and get better, you have to keep learning – and this dedication to self-education is precisely why we’ve compiled a list of the top 25 content marketing resources to help you get (and stay) ahead of the game.
Consider it food for your marketing brain: all our resources are rich in ideas and innovation, and they’re also free from any added stress or complications. In short, you’re being directed to quality, informative and ultimately profitable content marketing resources in one comprehensive and trusted source; namely, us.
Depending on your strengths and weaknesses, you may use just a few or all of these suggestions. Either way, we guarantee there will be at least a few on this list that will take your content marketing to the next level.
In no particular order, here’s our Top 25 Content Marketing Resources:
1) The 7 Elements of Inbound Storytelling by John Bonini from Impact Branding & Design. One of the biggest and most powerful marketing tools is the ability to create a real connection with your customer by telling a genuine and engaging story about your brand. Learn the ins and outs and above all, the overwhelming purpose of using this technique as one of your most valuable content marketing resources.
2) Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is about Help not Hype by Jay Baer. Set yourself apart from the chatter, clatter and hype by asking yourself one incredibly important question: how can I help? Use this resource to learn how to distinguish yourself as an unquestionably useful tool for your customer. After all, the bond created when you truly help someone can last for life.
3) The Digital Consumer Report by iSTORM New Media. Get a clear picture of today’s digital consumer, so you can gain a truly useful knowledge of your clients’ real needs, wants and behaviours.
4) Acquiring Customers with Email by Gregory Ciotti from Help Scout & Justin Premick from AWeber. You should definitely take it seriously when the best in the business recommends a resource from another highly reputable source. Peruse this comprehensive eBOOK and learn why email is an unfathomably powerful way to reach your audience. Also learn how to create relationships and enforce an exceptional email marketing game plan, covering everything from converting, increasing leads, newsletter engagement tips, split testing and the power of segmentation.
5) 13 Step Content Marketing Plan by Heidi Cohen. A short, sweet and surprisingly powerful article on how to formulate a content marketing plan that will set you apart from the competition.
6) The 2013 YouTube Marketing Guide by Steve Young on KISSmetrics. YouTube is the most expansive video site and the planet’s second biggest search engine, making this platform the video king – and the court is growing. In fact, ever since Twitter bought Vine, it has become even clearer that video marketing is set to steal the stage. Don’t get left in the fringe; do something now. This is one of the best content marketing resources for taking you through the process of how and why to utilize YouTube to maximize your content marketing.
7) How to Fill Out Your Content Marketing Offering by Heidi Cohen. Take a little taste of 31 different flavours you can use to amp up your content marketing by making it more appealing to your audience.
8) The Marketer’s Email Conversion Course by Chris Hexton from Vero. Brush up on your email conversion knowledge by going back to school for a bit. This is definitely one of our favourite content marketing resources since it nails its message with both form and content. You can learn about how to create individual and engaging email campaigns by taking a course that is sent to you via (you guessed it!) – email. In 7 emails, you’ll learn surprising and easy-to-implement tips on how to market to your email subscribers. We love the idea, we love the course and we love the results.
9) Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi. This eBOOKS’s subheading says it best: “Learn how to tell a different story, break through the clutter, and win more customers by marketing less.” Three distinct promises, and the book delivers on all of them. Definitely worth a read if you are looking for a comprehensive look into the world content marketing.
10) 53 Actionable Content Marketing Metrics by Heidi Cohen. It’s a big world of metrics out there, and this article helps break them all down so that you can better measure the results of your marketing efforts.
11) The Ultimate Guide to Conversion Centered Design by Oli Gardner from Unbounce. Get it right from the source and learn how Oli Gardner – the mastermind behind the term conversion-centered design (CCD) – uses this discipline to help you maximize your landing page conversion rate. From understanding the principles behind CCD to learning about design and page placement, to the power of good writing, to how to embrace and enhance mobile conversion, this eBOOK delivers.
12) How to Write Compelling Titles for Blogs & Content by Heidi Cohen. Grab your audience by the eyeballs from the get-go by learning how to write delightfully intriguing, surprising and all and all effective titles for your content. 10 tips, one article, highly recommended.
13) Making the Most of Google Analytics with PPC by Kayla Kurtz, Eric Couch, Carrie Albright, Jacob Fairclough, & Sean Quadlin on PPC Hero. Take some time to build on your knowledge of PPC as it relates to Google Analytics with this week long series of varied and very useful blogs. You’ll learn about a variety of relevant topics, including content experimentation, Google Analytics tracking, custom reports, visitor flow reports and much more. This is one of the more technical of our recommended content marketing resources, but fear not – a combination of diagrams, videos, flow charts and screen shots make it palatable enough for just about anyone to swallow.
14) The Best Content Marketing Advice Ever by Heidi Cohen. Talk about your lofty promises and hard hitting headlines, you’ll want to read this article based on the handle alone! Get a grip on some solid content marketing advice from a few of the best minds in the business. One article, lots of valuable information – definitely worth a read.
15) The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing by Neil Patel & Kathryn Aragon on QuickSprout. Got the basics down-pat and looking to take your content marketing up a notch? Then this is the guide for you. All of our content marketing resources bring something new to the table, and this impressive infographic packs a powerful punch into a single tool. We’re talking instantly actionable ideas that will help you build on (or build) a solid base, plan your content schedule to optimize productivity, write content like a professional, crush common content marketing obstacles, optimize for search and promote your content to yield more traffic, engagement and sales.
16) The Ultimate Newbie Blogging Guide by Heidi Cohen. Everyone has to start somewhere, and this article is dedicated to helping fledging bloggers spread their wings and fly.
17) The Landing Page Conversion Course by Oli Gardner. Oli makes his second appearance on our list of content marketing resources with a solid and specific look at how to best use your landing pages for max conversion. You are going to want to set aside some time for this 11 part rundown, but we promise you, Oli’s depth and breadth of finely-tuned knowledge on the subject make it time well invested. You’ll cover everything from rudimentary landing page basics, to the best page elements and advice on call-to-action design and placement as well as tips on copywriting, conversion psychology, page optimization and testing and more.
18) 28 Amazing Content Marketing Ideas You Can Use Now by Heidi Cohen. Take a real and practical peek at a handful of impressive examples of content marketing genius from businesses around the world.
19) The Blueprint of a Modern Marketing Campaign by Kapost & Oracle – Eloqua. Sure, you understand that content marketing is important, but do you know exactly how to implement a finely tuned strategy? Read this brilliant eBOOK to learn how to streamline your efforts and create a cohesive connection between the content creator (you) and content consumers (your audience) – all in 6 easy-to-understand and rewardingly informative chapters.
20) Blogging: What I Wish I Knew When I Started by Heidi Cohen. Save yourself some trouble and learn from the mistakes and oversights of another (now) successful blogger. This concise article is perfect for any blogger, whether you’re new to the world of blogging or a seasoned veteran.
21) The 30 Greatest Lead Generation Tips, Tricks and Ideas by Jessica Meher from HubSpot. HubSpot is known for its lead generation expertise, so when we saw that they had an eBOOK with their top tips, we jumped at the opportunity to give it a read. We were not disappointed. Follow our lead and you’ll learn how to create impossibly enticing offers and content that generates the best leads. You’ll also learn surprising website optimization tips and much more.
22) 21 Tips Guaranteed to Rock Your Content Marketing by Heidi Cohen. Check out the 5 core principles of any successful content marketing scheme and use them to improve your plan.
23) The Secret to Headlines That Attract Readers & Shares Every Time by Heidi Cohen. Find out how to break through the clutter with these powerful headline writing tips. Guaranteed to entice readers and incite shares!
24) 12 Attributes of a Successful Content Curation Strategy by Heidi Cohen. Sometimes more is not better. Sometimes more is just messy. Learn how to curate your content so that you’re only putting the best, more relevant and most powerful content out there.
25) 37 Step Content Marketing Distribution Checklist by Heidi Cohen. Having gob-smacking good content is one thing; actually having it appear where it needs to appear to garner results in quite another. Take a read through this blog and see what you need to check-off to ensure you reach your audience via the most influential content distribution platforms for your business.